4.22.2009

So Many Parties, So Little Time


It's been a very social time, lately. It started with a bachelorette party for Dema on Saturday night. Dema and Mark are friends from here at the North Dock who are getting married here this Saturday. The ladies all went out for margaritas and great music, good stories. The guys say they did nothing while we were gone, but are suspiciously quiet about what 'nothing' they were doing.

Last night was my (former) office party. It was a combo party for Judy, Roberta and Sarah who had birthdays, Lily and Leon who had an anniversary, and a bon voyage for Steve and me. Once again, cold beer, great live music, good stories, good food. Of all the offices I've worked in and had to leave (of which there have been 11(!)), I'll miss these friends the most. Good People.
Thanks Dr P.

What makes a man smile? A new, shiny stern rail, that's what. We've been waiting for this last piece of the puzzle. Once it's on we can start hanging stuff on it. So much for the clean, spare look. We have a grill, a lifesling, an outboard motor, propane tanks and other assorted gear to bolt on it.

3 comments:

Equinox Crew said...

Oh yay! yay! yay! You guys are really getting there now. But we should not be cheering, because that means you're leaving. Nooooooooo!!!!

Anonymous said...

We, the staff at Dr. Penny's office, had lunch with Lynn, over looking the intercoastal of St. Pete Beach. Lynn will be missed more than she knows. In just the past year, I feel like I've made a friend for life! Have a wonderful time, stay safe & healthy, & I look forward to the time when we can meet again. (maybe in Aruba, who knows??? :-)...) It's been a pleasure working with you! Take care, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Not sure what I was thinking when I said Aruba??? God only knows....Rio is the place to be in Jan 2010 (tell Steve the B-day of 2001 is long gone...)I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you! Have fun at the Bon Voyage Party, wish we could be there! We've got you saved to our "favorites" & will be checking in often.
Happy Sailing!
Tammy & Wayne