11.19.2009

The Domino Effect


We've been working on a series of new projects, upgrades and additions. To all of you who know Steve, you know this is a non-ending list, actually it should be The List. I always think of it that way in my head, with capital letters. The List is Steve's way of staying focused on Work and Important Things. I give him a lot of grief about it, but it's really the only way the boat stays afloat. He is currently working on putting bookshelves behind our settees so we can unpack the last few boxes of things in the v-berth.
We've been exploring Oriental, there's quite a bit going on for a town of 900. The Old Theater has events 2-3 nights a week and we've been to most, so far. You can check it out here. Tomorrow is movie night, they're showing Home For The Holidays.
My latest list (small 'l') included scanning all the recipes I've collected over the last few years. Actually this wasn't on the list and I have to blame Anne Jackson for it even making the list at all. I was going through my pile of papers and came across the recipe for flour tortillas from Anne. I turned around to slide it into my recipe notebook on the shelf behind me. It wouldn't go in. I looked closer. I thought "Ohhh, @#*%, that looks....damp". A zillion thoughts ran through my head during those 3 dots, wet paper always being a bad thing. How did it get wet??? We have another leak??? Are all the books on the shelf wet?? It's full of all the good ones, including my Chris A Jackson autographed copies. One thing always leads to another in boat work, and now we have another leaking chain plate to re caulk, recipes to dry and scan, wood to dry. At one point I wanted to rename the boat The Domino Effect, for the way the things cascade into one another.

2 comments:

Equinox Crew said...

So good to see that Steve isn't slacking. We were really getting worried he was goofing off, what with the jazz concert review and all. We should've known better. Great idea about scanning recipes. Our scanner is one of the most used pieces of equipment aboard. Ultimately saves so much space, which we are on an eternal quest to do. One thought: recipe software. Big Oven is really great. Problem is, you have to type in your recipes . . .

Anne and Chris said...

You're welcome! I don't mind more work, as long as it's on someone else's list and not mine! I was also perusing my cut-out recipes last week, wondering if I'll ever get to them all. I haven't scanned them yet, though.