11.28.2009

Saturday Market


Finally, some sunshine in Oriental! We got up to a cold 50 degree but sunny day today. The gloomy weather was starting to get on my nerves, and in the proximity effect, on Steve's, too. It's hard for one person to be bored and listless on a 41' boat and not have the other one catch it. Even Adjima is missing her usual cushion in the sun. I actually read the book that came with my camera, 3 1/2 years ago, and found out all kinds of new things. It may not help my photography any, but now I know what all the buttons are supposed to do. As you can see, it has a black and white setting, I never knew.
Oriental has a Farmers Market on Saturdays, so we put on our extra layers and walked up, it's a block away. They were selling the usual good stuff: veggies, breads, spiced cider, jewelry, birdhouses. In the picture, Steve is checking out the boats at the town dock (the free one) which is up the street from the market and across the street from The Bean, the town coffee shop-hangout. The Seafood Market is 2 doors down from The Bean, so we stopped and got some shrimp for a little Surf and Turf for tomorrow. It's great to have all this in walking distance. It's also great to recognize a lot of the people we saw this morning, I think that by April, we'll know just about everyone.

2 comments:

Chris said...

It's not even December yet, and you have cabin fever already?

Come visit us!

Oh, and tell Steve to bring his refrigeration repair kit... HA!

Oriental looks like fun! We will have to stop on our way north in the spring. If we don't decide to open a bar/restaurant down here and become ex-pats. We even came up with a name: "Ex-Pat-Rick O'Brian's" We could put up pictures of all old English warships from the books...

John, Roberta and Freedom said...

Great pic! I just realized I could take b/w pics also. The book for the camera is way more complicated than my skill level....