5.14.2009

There Goes The Neighborhood


Steve looked up and came face to face with this beautiful Snowy Egret this morning. He was checking us out and I tried not to scare it as I grabbed the camera. You just can't get any privacy these days.
Another day at anchor. Maybe we've fallen into this routine too easily, but neither one of us could remember what day it was today. We've decided that every day is Friday. You know how you wait for that drive home after work on Friday? You don't have to get up early the next day, you can have an extra margarita after dinner. We're toasting every day as a Friday from now on. Watching the sunset with a good drink

I cleaned the junk drawer today! For those of you not familiar with boat drawers, they start under the counter and go to the hull, so this one is 13x36 inches. It's one of those little things I've been going to do for about 2 years. Lots of stuff in there that I didn't know what it was. The conversations went like this:
ME: (holding up little shiny silver thingy) What's this?
STEVE: (not looking up from watermaker making) It's the floober hummuw binginb pin.
ME:
STEVE: We need it, just put it back in the drawer.
Anyway, all the floobers are organised and color coded, and all is right in my world.

One final note about the Bon Voyage Party...Jim Lee, how the @#$% did I end up with the bottle of Glack? You were supposed to take it and drink to your Hungarian ancestors!

6 comments:

Charlie said...

Sure wish I were cruising with yall

Anonymous said...

Sure, Rub it in. Take care, Kristel

Amanda said...

That made me laugh out loud! Great job on conquering the junk drawer, glad you're having a good time!

Anonymous said...

That's the life...Great picture of the "Peeping Egret"...Missed being at the party, think of you both often while looking out over the gulf. Love reading your blogs! Happy Friday! Cheers...
Tammy Collier

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

I write something on the calendar everyday so I can keep track of the day.

Anne and Chris

Anonymous said...

Zwack !!! I do apologize.....but I think the Unicum will be better served under your supervision! Enjoy it, and please don't think of me everytime you wake up with a headache. JimLee !!